Updates on the Visa Application to China
In order to resume the exchange of Chinese and Norwegian personnel in an orderly manner, the Chinese Embassy in Norway will further adjust the visa application requirements to China from January 8, 2023.
Visa types that open to apply now:
- International transportation staff(Visa type C);
- Attend Non-business activities(Visa type F);
- Transit in China(Visa type G);
- For Business and trade activates (Visa type M);
- Family reunion of long term(Visa type Q1 and S1) short term (Visa type Q2 and S2);
- High level talents(Visa type R);
- Study in China long term(Visa type X1) short term (Visa type X2);
- Working in China(Visa type Z).
With basic need of:
- Visa application form with one recent color certificate photo;
- Copy of passport and its information page;
- A copy of the invitation letter issued by the relevant units in China. The invitation letter must contain the personal information of the invitee (name, sex, date of birth, passport number, etc.), the information of the invitee’s visit (reason for coming to China, date of arrival and departure, place of visit, source of expenses, etc.), and the information of the inviter (name or inviter’s name, contact number, address, company seal, legal person’s signature, etc.);
- Other materials required by the embassy ( according to different types of certificates).
* J1/J2 visa application is subject to the requirements of the competent department;
Applicants must log in to the visa center website（ https://bio.visaforchina.org/OSL2_ZH ）Fill in and print the visa application form;
Visa applications for travel to China and medical reasons will not be accepted temporarily.
Relevant applicants can directly visit the website of China Visa Application Service Center（ https://www.visaforchina.cn/OSL2_ZH/ ）The time limit for making an appointment to submit an application is 4 working days for general application processing and 3 working days for urgent application processing (the consular officer may request the applicant to supplement materials or interview on a case-by-case basis, and the processing time may be extended accordingly).