China Renewable Energy Outlook 2020-Energy Research Institute of China Academy of Macroeconomic Research/National Development and Reform Commission
Today, Energy Research Institute of China Academy of Macroeconomic Research/National Development and Reform Commission (Energy Research Institute NDRC.P.R.C) has held an online press conference on China Renewable Energy Outlook 2020 and its research results.
In the conference, Energy Research Institute NDRC.P.R.C said their starting point is the Chinese vision for the energy transition–A clean, low-carbon, safe, efficient energy system.
The document will focus on
- Analyse the whole energy system
- Make the visions for 2050 concrete
- Roadmap bridging 2020 and 2050
- Recommend policy measures with consistent, balanced elements and targets
And 2 main scenarios in CREO:
- Stated Policies scenario, estimating the energy system development based on current and stated policies
- Below 2 °C scenario with added restrictions on CO2 emission to comply with the Paris agreement goals
The scenarios are modelled in the CNREC modelling suite, covering energy supply, energy transformation and end-use sectors.
Several conclusions are drawn in CREO:
- China has the visions and the possibilities to change the energy system to become clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient by 2050
- Our analyses show that such green energy transition is technically possible and economically beneficial
- The energy transition will boost the economic growth in a sustainable manner by stimulating growth in the green industry – RE, EV, Green hydrogen, innovative industries, digitalisation,…
- The next decade should set the right direction through several measures, covering all the sectors in the whole country.