Zhejiang Province: The 14th Five-Year Plan for Energy Development is issued
On 10 February, Zhejiang Provincial Development and Reform committee issued the “The 14th Five-Year Plan for Energy Development of Zhejiang Province (Draft for Comments)”. Excerpts from the draft mainly involving wind power are as follows.
According to the document, by the end of 2025, Zhejiang’s installed wind power capacity will reach 6.3 million kW and photovoltaic capacity will reach 28 million kW, accounting for 4.4% and 19.7% of the total installed power capacity, respectively, as shown in the figure below.
Implement the project called “Feng Guang Bei zeng” (which means that during the 14th Five-Year Plan period, newly installed PV and wind power capacity in the province will be doubled)
· Focus on promoting the development of offshore wind power.
· Create a new development mode of “offshore and far-reaching offshore wind power application base + Marine energy + onshore industrial base.”
· By 2025, Zhejiang province strives to achieve the provincial installed wind power capacity of 6.3 million kilowatts, including 5 million kilowatts of offshore wind power.
· Zhejiang province will explore the comprehensive development and utilization of Marine energy, and build a number of onshore integrated bases for “wind-pv-water storage”.
Build the “four bases” for national clean energy production
· Offshore wind power base will be built.
· Relying on the coastal location of Zhejiang, the government will actively promote the development and construction of offshore wind power projects and build several offshore wind power bases with a capacity of one million kilowatts.
· According to the column below, during the period of “14th Five-Year Plan”, there will be 4.5 million kilowatt hours added for the wind power in Zhejiang. Projects like Jiaxing 1#, Jiaxing 2#, Shengsi 2#, Shengsi 5# and Shengsi 6# will be built. Several million-kilowatt-hour level offshore wind bases will be built. There will also be the development on deep sea offshore wind power in Xiangshan, Dongtou and Cangnan.
Innovate mechanisms for the development of renewable energy
· Promote the high-quality development of renewable energy, further increase the development and utilization of renewable energy such as solar energy and wind energy, and increase the proportion of renewable energy in the province.
· Improve the current form of subsidies and determine the reasonable size of additional subsidies.
· Establish a green electricity trading mechanism under the current quota system, promote diversified certificated trading markets, and continue to expand the trading market.
· Improve the market allocating system and the mechanism for reducing subsidies and guide renewable electricity to be reach parity as soon as possible.
· Actively promote the sustainable development of offshore wind power, establish a provincial-level financial subsidy system, and allocate new projects in a competitive manner.
For the original document (In Chinese), please click here.
Source: Zhejiang Provincial Development and Reform committee