Guangdong released the implementation plan for ensuring the consumption of renewable energy power
On March 1, Guangdong Provincial Development and Reform Commission issued the notice of “Guangdong Provincial Development and Reform Commission on the Implementation Plan of Renewable Energy Power Consumption Guarantee (Trial)”, which required the power grid enterprises to undertake the consumption responsibility according to the electricity consumption.
According to the document, the power grid enterprises should:
- Adhere to the principle of “clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient, law-based and regulated, coordinated implementation”, ensure the safe and stable operation and continuous and reliable supply of the power system, and ensure that the priority is given to the renewable energy generation units, strive to significantly reduce the amount of abandoned hydropower and to fully consume wind power, photovoltaic and other new energy sources.
- Accelerate the construction of power grid supporting renewable energy generation projects, optimize the grid structure, and create favorable conditions for renewable energy access.
- Formulate detailed rules for implementing renewable quota, ensure that market subjects in the province complete the renewable quota, allocate the full amount of guaranteed purchased renewable energy electricity to market subjects.
- When conditions permit, organize renewable energy power to participate in the electricity spot market trading.
- Monthly inform Guangdong Power Exchange Center of the completion of monthly renewable quota; Report last year’s provincial completion of the renewable quota to the Guangdong Energy Bureau and South China Energy Regulatory Office of National Energy Administration before the end of January every year.
Source for the document (in Chinese)